God’s Plan For Your Life
Pst Sam Adeyemi
The most important question you’d ask in your life is the question “What on Earth am I here for?” Jere. 1:4-5 tells us that God knew everyone of us before we were formed in the belly. This is what we’ve learned about entering God’s rest. God has a plan. The foundational work of creation was completed in the first six days as seen in Genesis. When He created Adam, He had factored out what every single person was going to be and what our assignments here on Earth was going to be!
Psalm 139: 14-16 shows that it is very comforting to know that you’re not a biological accident. When we live out of alignment with God’s purpose for our lives, that’s when we struggle. We run into big problems and everything loses meaning and becomes gloomy.
How do I know my purpose and find out what on Earth I’m here for?
1. Develop intimacy with God. If you don’t know any other reason you were born, you were born for God! Your number one priority should be your relationship with God. Pursue an intimate relationship with God, every other thing will fall in place from there. You can’t find your purpose except by revelation. Matt. 16:13 shows that your purpose cannot be decoded from the human mind. You have never existed before, you’re unique so when people try to fit you into existing mould or compare with others then there will be problems.
2. Read the Bible. Read it for inspiration and the stories about other people. Read as much as you can about Jesus. Hebrews 10:5-7 shows that Jesus Christ was the forerunner of all of us. What was written about Him influences us too. The Bible will give you inspirations, you will catch revelation about you. Ask God’s questions while you’re reading. The Bible gives you God’s vocabulary. It’s easier for the Holy Spirit to speak to you when you have the scriptures. Like 4:16 shows that Jesus found His destiny in the Word.
3. Explore your wiring. You’re designed for your purpose. Every instrument and equipment is designed for a purpose. That purpose is found in the mind of the manufacturer. The purpose is inherent in the design. You’re perfect for your purpose. Explore your wiring in terms of temperament. It gives you pointer to what you were designed for. You cannot turn your gift on yourself. It is given to you for service, to add value to people.
4. Reflect on your experiences. The Holy Spirit is always there. Stop butting yourself against a wall. There’s no point to go through a door where God hasn’t opened for you. The Holy Spirit speaks to you in your heart.
5. Ask for prayers and advice. As your friends to pray with you and ask them what they think. Walk with God first so you don’t get confused or have the dreams killed. What you want is a confirmation. This is why you need to have mentors.