We are looking for a smart and experienced Sound Engineer to operate and maintain all sound equipment in optimal conditions, ensuring the highest sound output in all Daystar Programs and events.
He/she must be able to carry out studio work, live broadcast, set work and post-production operations.
The responsibilities of the Sound Engineer will include, but not limited to the following:
- Operate mixers and other recording equipment to record, mix, and edit music, voices or special effects for a variety of purposes.
- Be available for all assigned programs and choir rehearsals.
- Be directly responsible for all the instrument in the audio/control room, on the stage, altar, Front of House (F.O.H.), exteriors and gallery.
- Ensure that all equipment (console room, mixers, etc.) are kept under appropriate conditions according to the manufacture’s manual, arranging in order after performances, and maintaining equipment in clean state.
- Set up and dismantle all audio equipment used for both in-house and remote events.
- Take responsibility for the safety of all equipment, instruments, and gadgets in his/her care.
- Always uphold the standards and core values of Daystar Christian Centre.
- Ability to set up and bring down equipment for events and live performances.
- Knowledge of sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization).
- Possess experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles).
- Possess working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools).
- Possess an in-depth, hands-on experience of all aspects of the capture, recording, mixing and amplification of sound.
- Possess a deep knowledge of sound requirements and what can be achieved for productions in studio or on location.
- Ability to solve any technical problems which arise before or during sound recording.
- Ability to balance the creative requirements of the Production Director with the technical capabilities of the available equipment.
- Ability to integrate (synchronise) pre-recorded audio (dialogue, sound effects and music) with visual content.
- Ability to re-record and synchronise audio (post-synching).
- Ability to mix and balance speech, effects and music.
Required qualifications and experience
- Minimum of an OND in electronics/electrical engineering OR a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience on the job as a Sound Engineer.
- Clear understanding of the basic rudiments of Music.
- Ability to play at least one musical instrument will be an advantage.
- Computer literacy
Interested applications should please apply by clicking the link: https://goo.gl/rHMnjn
Also, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject of your mail.